For a few days ago, the new version of QGIS 2.18 (Las Palmas) is available for download.
The most interesting about this version is certainly that it is the last of the 2.X series, which means that version QGIS 3.0 is approaching (planned for the end of the first quarter of 2017).
But like any new version, QGIS 2.18 brings its batch of novelties, it provides incremental improvements over the previous release, especially:
- Color picker is now embedded in layer style panel
- Substitution list support for labeling
- Improved line label placement algorithm
- Label polygons using curved labels along perimeter
- Preview of raster tiles (WMTS and XYZ layers) (yes – faster rendering for these tiles)
- Point on surface algorithm added
For more detail about new features of QGIS 2.18, visit this link
To download QGIS 2.18, this is the official download page